- About Us
- Maritime Security (MarSec)
- Protective Services
- Travel Security Management
- Private Investigator & Due Diligence
- Surveillance & Covert Services
- Covert Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Sources: CHIS
- Tracking & Monitoring
- Workshops & Training
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
BREAKING: Chemical Tanker Fired On Iranian Forces (UKMTO)
UKMTO have issued the following security advisory at 14 May 2015 1630hrs (BST):
ADVISORY NOTICE 001/MAY 2015
1. Category: Security incident – Merchant Vessel approached and directed to divert course.
2. Description: Merchant Vessel owners/operators are advised that on 14 May 15 at approx. 0800 UTC (1200 UAE) a MV was approached by 5 small boats 15nm south of the island of Abu Musa. It is reported that the vessel was ordered to divert course and had shots fired in her direction after refusing to comply. The vessel and crew are safe. This incident follows the widely reported diversion and detention of MV MAERSK TIGRIS (28 April – 7 May). Merchant Vessels in the region should proceed with caution and heightened vigilance reporting any similar incidents to UKMTO.
3. Source: Reported to UKMTO by regional military forces and from vessel.
4. Any queries regarding this Advisory Notice ring 0044 2392 222060 only for further information.
Knight Associates have been informed that the vessel concerned is MT ALPINE ETERNITY (IMO 9430272)
Read more about Knight Associates Maritime Security (MarSec) services here
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org