- About Us
- Maritime Security (MarSec)
- Protective Services
- Travel Security Management
- Private Investigator & Due Diligence
- Surveillance & Covert Services
- Covert Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Sources: CHIS
- Tracking & Monitoring
- Workshops & Training
- Contact Us
- Useful Links
ReCAAP Piracy Report 1H2015
The 1H2015 ReCAAP Piracy Report and statistical breakdown, in pdf format, can be found HERE.
Of the 106 incidents, 6 were reported as attempted incidents, with the remainder reported as actual incidents.
Knight Associates notes that while 10 incidents were reported as “very severe incidents of ship fuel/oil syphoning and hijacking”, the majority of incidents are reported as “minimum significant” petty theft – numbering 62 incidents.
- The majority of incidents occurred in the eastbound Traffic Separation Scheme (TSS)
- Incidents in Singapore Straits are more in numbers but relatively less severe compared to Malacca Straits
- More than 50% of vessels targeted are bulk carriers
The Knight Associates value-add ‘Integrated Fleet Protection System (IFPS)‘ empowers ship Owners and management companies with the efficient and cost-effective strategy, policy and procedural tools, in-house, to safely transit vessels through global areas of high risk.
Read more about Knight Associates Maritime Security (MarSec) services here
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org